It’s my 29th birthday today! My favorite home decor blogger, Liz Marie Galvan, used to write a blog post on her birthday sharing facts about herself and I thought it was a cool idea. So today I thought I’d share with you 29 facts about me so maybe you’ll feel like you know me a little bit better!
1. I am a baptized believer. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose again and wants to have a relationship with you too!
2. My amazing husband AJ and I met in high school and started dating soon after I graduated. We’ve been married for 6 years now.
3. I am blessed to be a momma to two beautiful little ones, Emma (3.5) and Henry (15mo).
4. I taught first grade for 4 years before staying home with my little ones. I have a bachelors degree in Elementary Education and a minor in both English as a New Language and Journalism.
5. We started our online shop, Faith and Farmhouse Market, in January. I’d love to own a brick and mortar store someday, but if not, that’s ok too. I know whatever God has planned for me is so much greater than my own plans
6. I drink iced coffee year round and homemade cold brew with skinny syrup and cream is my go-to each morning.
7. My husband and I have been on 4 cruises in the past 6 years of marriage. We went on our honeymoon to the Bahamas and fell in love with cruising and the beautiful Caribbean. I can’t wait to go on another one sometime soon! 🏝
8. My favorite food is tacos. Chili is a close 2nd.
9. It’s a dream of mine to build a white farmhouse on a piece of land where I could sip sweet tea on a porch swing.
10. Summer and fall are tied for my favorite seasons.
11. I used to want to be a country singer growing up and did talent shows every year. I still love to sing and do so often in the car.
12. I’ve lived in Indiana my whole life.
13. Daisies are my favorite flower. I also love hydrangeas.
14. I buy most of my clothes, home decor and furniture secondhand. I think if you take the time to look, you can find plenty of nice things on the racks and shelves of Goodwill.
15. I love the combination of white and wood in decor.
16. Favorite drinks are sweet tea, Vanilla Coke, and pina coladas.
17. I have bad eyesight and have to wear contacts or glasses to see clearly.
18. My favorite paint color right now is Swiss Coffee by Behr and I’m slowly painting every room in our house with it.
19. I’m not a city girl, but I’ve never been to Chicago or NYC and would love to take a trip there sometime.
20. Lighting a great smelling candle is so cozy to me. And diffusing lavender essential oil at night.
21. I am the oldest child and have 3 younger sisters.
22. My favorite fast food restaurant is Chick-fil-a.
23. I’m an introvert all the way.
24. I struggle with anxiety.
25. My favorite TV show is The Office.
26. Christmas and July 4th are my favorite holidays.
27. Anything coconut or maple flavored I will probably like.
28. Decorating is a creative outlet for me and I love to create a cozy home for my family.
29. I hope that I can be a light for Christ and share His love in this dark world.
I hope you feel like you know me a little bit better. Maybe we can be friends! Follow me on Instagram @faith.and.farmhouse to see more of me and my love of decorating!
Thank you for reading and God bless!